Monday, May 10, 2010

Meatless Monday - Veggie Lasagna

Welcome to Meatless Monday week three!
I have to say that we actually looked forward to today.  Though there are plenty of days where we don't eat meat & not notice we have made Mondays into "Get-some-more-veggies-into-your-belly Meatless Mondays!". 
Jeff actually got excited when I told him what we are having for lunch ... is this the same pizza every night guy I married?

Breakfast
  • Oatmeal with honey and cinnamon
Lunch

Dinner
  • Veggie Lasagna
For this I make my Mama's Lasagna just like normal except where there is meat I sauté grated onion, minced garlic, thinly sliced zucchini & squash, grated carrot, and chopped broccoli.  Add all the tomato sauces when the veggies are softened and simmer for 10 minutes.  For the ricotta mixture I substituted half cottage cheese and added spinach that has been steamed & drained.  Cram more vegetables in if you want, there can never be too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment