Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sweet Zucchini Bread

Kittens have been on my mind lately, I want one so bad but can't!  We have two parakeets who usually spend half their day flying around outside their cage and we don't want to walk in on them acting out an episode of Spartacus (you know, the last episode).  So cute pictures will have to do for now .... of course kittens that look like loaves of bread is especially high on my awwww factor.

Speaking of bread....
I had some leftover zucchini from the veggie lasagna and I couldn't help but think of my mom's Zucchini Bread we used to love growing up. I was too impatient to get her recipe (I want it NOW) so I found a really good one on Allrecipes.com.
Wow this was a good recipe, very moist and the crust was almost like a crumbly pie crust.  The smell of cinnamon in the house had Jeff climbing the walls, he couldn't wait till it was done.  I highly recommend trying this, its simple, fast, and (kinda) nutritious .... it has zucchini in it so that counts right?  Of course I had to add a 1/4 cup chocolate chips in the food processor with the walnuts.  They were dark chocolate chips....for our health you know  ;)

Zucchini Bread Recipe Link

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I forgot how good that bread, and I use the term loosely, tastes. By the way, I love the new look on the blog -- but I also liked the Giant look of the fork and spoon. Love, Mom
    PS - Don't know how to sign in other than anonymous --

    ReplyDelete