Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pork Chops!

Why am I so easily influenced by just the mere suggestion of food?  Most of my "creativity" in cooking comes from just giving into crazy cravings.  Moderation is the key to staying healthy and fit, and if I'm given too long to think about a certain food then the chance I will pig out on it increases greatly.....  sooooo I really should make what I am craving at the moment for my health, right?    Don't you just love my circular logic?
Case in point:  I am told by a friend that she is making pork chops for dinner.  Pork chops are stored in the back of my brain.  Next day same friend casually mentions pork chops again ...... and the obsession begins ...  dum dum dummmmm
Well at least we are having brussels sprouts and steamed veggies on the side with this.... not too bad.  The marinade for this is just a mix of stuff I like....if you don't have worcestershire sauce soy sauce would work too.  Plus if you have fresh ginger please use it instead of ground.
Enjoy my cravings :)

Pork Chops
Ingredients:
  • 4 boneless pork chops
  • 1 large clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/8 cup worcestershire sauce (can sub soy sauce)
  • 1/4 tsp ground ginger
  • 4 Tbsp honey
  • 2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil

1. In a bowl mix together garlic, water, worcestershire sauce, ginger, and honey.  Add pork chops and marinate for about an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a large frying pan heat oil over medium heat. Remove pork chops from marinade with tongs, saving the marinade, and brown in frying pan about 2-3 minutes each side.  Add onions to reserved marinade.
3.  In a 9x9 in. casserole dish place pork chops and cover with marinade.  Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes remove foil, flip pork chops, and bake for additional 20-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment