Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Delish Cold Remedy a.k.a "Witch's Brew"

Jeff & I have been fighting a cold for a couple of days so I decided to whip out the big guns....a drink I've made in the past that has always made me feel sooooo much better and is really fun to make. The name "Witch's Brew" came from my roommate Melissa who came home from work one night to find a large pot of all sorts of interesting things boiling on the stove and me cackling over it (granted I was cackling from the cold but you get the picture). 
The Ginger in this gives such a nice little kick and is so soothing for your tummy. Jeff was really digging it.

Witch's Brew

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of raisins 
  • One large ginger root (about 4 oz)
  • 24 oz of honey (two honey bears)
  • 1 cup Lemon Juice (or 6 fresh squeezed lemons)
  • 1 1/2 cups Pure Orange juice, not from concentrate (or 4 fresh squeezed oranges)
  • 1 gallon purified water

1. Put water in a large pot on high heat.  Peel and grate the ginger root.
2. Add grated ginger, honey, & raisins to pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat & simmer uncovered for an hour, occasionally skimming foam from the top.
2. Cool, strain, & place in a tightly closed container in the fridge overnight. You can either throw out the raisins or snack on them :)
4. Add the orange & lemon juice the next day and drink up! Stir before pouring each time.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome I made the Blog!!! I remember this...the whole honey bear thing.

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete