Friday, March 19, 2010

Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

My mom gave me this little cookbook/pamphlet called Cake Mix Miracles.  I have no idea where she got it but it has all sorts of fun recipes that are quick & easy using a box of cake mix.  Mmmmmm cakes, cupcakes, cookies...I just had to try it out. These cupcakes remind me of the hostess cupcakes you buy in the store and definitely a fun thing to whip up for a kids party.  Emma was thrilled to help me make them and even more thrilled to make sure they tasted good enough for daddy to try some.

Self- Filled Cupcakes
Ingredients:
  • 1 (18.25 oz) box of devil's food cake mix
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened 
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pans, filling to half way.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg beating well. Stir in chocolate chips.  Spoon 1 tsp cream cheese mixture into the center of each cupcake.  Cover the top of the cupcake with 1 tsp batter.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks. Store in fridge.
so why cant we forget baking & just eat the batter?

3 comments:

  1. Those look heavenly! There's a recipe similar to that in my babycakes book, I might have to give it a try!

    Aw such a cute picture with the batter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's the little cutie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my stepdaughter, she's my little helper in the kitchen ... well at least when desserts are being made :)

    ReplyDelete