Thursday, May 5, 2011

Spiked Ketchup

I was reading about the South Beach Wine and Food Festival recently and started drooling at the burger that won first place.  The sauce on it seemed so crazy that I had to try it.
Woah, talk about really making your burger delicious, I mean REALLY delicious!  Funny thing was that we tasted it just by itself & it was just ok, but then on the burger with the flavor of the meat it just popped!  Next time my friends come eat at my house I am spiking their ketchup! ...muhahahaha....

Spiked Ketchup
created by Marc Murphy
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
  • 1 1/2 tsp roasted garlic, minced (see quick tip below)
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 5 Tbsp Vodka
Mix everything together and serve on a yummy hamburger! 

    *roasted garlic can take a while in the oven, for a faster method take 3-4 cloves unpeeled garlic and toss in a heated skillet with a little olive oil over medium heat. Cook till they turn golden, stirring often. Peel skins and smash.

    I stored leftovers in a baby food jar I swiped from my sister's house.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment