Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Spinach Artichoke Calzones

Today I have been trying to organize and write down my favorite recipes & I came across what I entered in the Pillsbury Bake Off contest this summer.  Sadly I didn't get chosen to fly all the way to Orlando **cough cough** to participate, but I did make one friend of mine a big fan :) 


The ingredients are brand specific because of the requirements for the contest but you can substitute anything (like use fresh spinach). If you like onions you can finely chop some in with it (I like it that way but Jeff turned his nose up at that idea).  Even if you are not a big artichoke lover the combination is terrific.  The main idea I had for this recipe was to make it few ingredients, few steps, and taste good.

Enjoy!

Easy Spinach Artichoke Calzones

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 11-13 minutes
Serves 4 (2 each)

Ingredients:
2 packages Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Dinner Rolls
1 box (9oz) Green Giant Frozen Spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain, chopped to separate 
22 Slices of Turkey Pepperoni, Chopped
1 Jar Artichoke Hearts (6 oz), drained & finely chopped
1 cup firmly packed shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Combine in a medium bowl the prepared spinach, turkey pepperoni, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Mix well.

3.  Unroll a can of crescent dough and separate to form 4 rectangles (keeping the perforated triangles together). Lay out one of the rectangles on an ungreased cookie sheet and pinch the seam together.  Put two spoonfuls of the spinach artichoke mixture on the dough.  Fold dough over lengthwise and using a fork press the edges together (you may wet edges if not sticking together).  Repeat with remaining dough.




4.  Bake in oven for 11-13 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan while still hot.


 

1 comment:

  1. I admit, I am the big fan!

    I actually made these tonight for dinner. Super easy and tasty. Tonight I made them with fresh spinach and without the artichokes (b/c I didn't have any on hand.) One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete