Saturday, November 21, 2009

New Moon Menu

Yea!  New Moon has arrived!  We are going to go see it Sunday afternoon (avoiding the crowds at our tiny 2 screen theater here).   I'm going to make my New Moon Dinner tonight & I wanted to post real quick what's on the menu.  I had to go with two entrees for the dueling love interests  :)     I know, I'm such a dork. 
Since this meal is a work-in progress I'll post the recipes after we taste it,  my clever ideas sometimes don't work as well in real life as they do in my head.
-There is no appetizer cause honestly I dont think we will be able to pile in anymore food.  

Jacob's Entree:

Tender Beefsteak Soothing Bella's Blues  
- large beef tenderloins smothered in a blue cheese sauce with a side of roasted red potatoes (they are definitely the meat & potatoes type of werewolves ;)

Edwards Entree:

Sweet Crimson Intentions Gone Fowl   
- Chicken simmered in brown sugar and red wine with a side of cucumber salad (cucumbers pickled to preserve their youth - I wanna be a vampire just for that reason!)

Dessert:

Volturi's Velvet Red as Blood, Smooth as Marble cupcakes   
- Red velvet cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting (mmmmm delicious vampire snacks)

So thats the feast!  Hope the slightly obscure references come across.
Ok now I'm getting hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment